Thursday, July 1, 2010

Another Internship... kind of

I moved down to Savannah for an internship with a real estate company. It is an indefinite internship... so basically, I am an employee with all the work and responsibility but without the pay or benefits. Although I would have preferred an actual titled job, I am really grateful to have found this position (my big sister really was the one to find it for me).

I work in the small marketing office of The Landings Company, a real estate company on Skidaway Island. I am one of eight staff members in the office, the rest of the building is filled with desks and cubicles for agents. My typical day, when I get to work, consists of checking morning email, finishing up projects from the previous days, starting new projects, maintaining the website, driving home for lunch to let my puppy out, coming back to repeat everything I do in the morning, emailing out my finished projects to my boss to get approved, thinking of more projects to do, and going home. My projects range from creating banner ads for websites, editing The Landings' website, designing newspaper real estate ads. Basically, if it needs designing, I am the girl to do it.

I really enjoy my job. Although I am technically an intern, I am given the same consideration as everyone else and have almost full creative license with my designs. I enjoy working with everyone in the office. Hopefully this internship will become a full-time position in the future.

1 comment:

Sjn said...

I'm happy for you that it's all working out so well. Good experience in the marketing field.
See you very soon, only hours!
xoxox, Mom