Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy First Day of School!!

Today I started my last spring semester at college. All this spring I am taking 18 hours worth of classes. Today I had Northern Baroque Art. My teacher is VERY passionate about the subject and I think will make things pretty interesting. Tomorrow I have the rest of my in-class classes: Renaissance to Modern World Art History, African Art and Islam, and Public Art and Media Culture. This semester is going to be very busy but I am looking forward to it!!

On another note... as an update to the South Beach Diet diary, I have lost 2 inches off my waist! So to celebrate this, here is a right-out-of-the-book South Diet recipe:

Savory Chicken Saute...
Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves
1 large onion cut in slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
salt and pepper

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken for about 4 minutes, then turn them over and add onions. Cover and cook for 3 more minutes. Add garlic, rosemary, and broth. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes or until onion is tender-crisp. Season with Salt and pepper.

2 comments:

Sjn said...

was the recipe good? Keep up the discipline, it is working! Good for you for all your effort!

Yasmiene said...

You cant forget to blog about how your still gainfully employed *BIG SMILE* Oh how I Love My ALEX!!