Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Its Sunny in South Beach

Day 6 of being on the South Beach diet and...

I've lost 4 pounds!!!

I have been working out every day and eating according to the very strict rules of the first two weeks for my diet and its paying off! I am pretty excited about it. Although eating only meat and vegetables with very little other ingredients seems boring, my mom and I have come up with some very delicious recipes that do not taste like diet food at all. My favorite was from dinner last night. Here is the super easy recipe for those who want to eat like a South Beacher:

Rouladins:

Ingredients

  • Thin Sliced Round Steak (1 to 2 pkg)
  • 1 pkg of Bacon
  • 1/2 an onion
  • 1 Can of Beef Broth
  • pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Slice the onion.
  2. Take 1 slice of steak and top with 2 slices of bacon and 1/2 of a slice of onion.
  3. Roll steak up and secure with toothpick.
  4. Continue until all steak is used.
  5. On stove, brown rolls of steak in 1 tbsp oil in large fry pan.
  6. Add any extra onion.
  7. When steak is brown, pour beef broth in, as well as half a can of water.
  8. Cover and Let simmer.
  9. Simmer for 1 hour, occasionally rotating and turning rolls.

2 comments:

Sjn said...

you're doing great!!! Keep it up, eating healthy and exercising, at school! Sorry I won't be there to cook for you.

Kelly said...

I made these on Sunday and have been eating them for lunch! Delicious!