Saturday, March 14, 2009

on the hunt... for a job

I have been in school for 17 years! 17 years of homework and studying and tests. Its hard to believe that in a few months I will be graduating from college. No more school. (unless I go to grad school) Facing the end of my school days, I am looking at the very sad job market on the hunt for the start of my career.

With the economy being how it is right now, looking for a job is a little intimidating. I have searched every job site imaginable, Monster, HotJobs, CareerBuilder, as well as a bunch of really random sites. After sending my resume out to over 25 job openings, I have two firsts. 1.) My first rejection email (for a management position with a very large company) and 2.) My first positive feed back email (from another very large company for a web design position)!!!!!! Although I don't want to get my hopes up with this, I am very excited to hear something positive.

So, please, cross your fingers because I am calling them on Monday!

2 comments:

Sjn said...

fingers are crossed here!

Kelly said...

oh boy!! good luck sissy!