Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Exploring Brookhaven


Most people know that Buckhead is a posh part of Atlanta with great shopping and dining. Right next to the fabulous Buckhead, is Brookhaven, a much smaller but growing neighborhood. One of my favorite things to do is explore this little area of town that is right around the corner from where I live.

My parents made the ~45 minute drive down to take me out to dinner (and drop off their dogs, but thats another story). We went to a restaurant off Dresden Drive called Verde. I highly recommend the house margarita.

My parents are trying to sell the lake house that I grew up in during the summers of my childhood and while at dinner, they kept talking about the vacation and eventually retirement house they would like to buy after the lake house sells. I happened to inherit my mother's real estate gene and love house hunting. Which I do via my computer all the time. I tried to convince them to buy a condo in Brookhaven that I would rent from them, but thus far my suggestion has not sparked their interest. Oh well, it never hurts to try.

I love this little area of town and plan to stay here for quite awhile, especially if they keep building cute little strips of restaurants and shopping like on Dresden Drive.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the new design!! More posts please :)

Sjn said...

I love the new design too, tres chic!

I cried a bit reading about selling the lake house. It's been special and I've enjoyed it so much. It just seems that life has changed as you all are growing up, and maybe it's time for a new adventure. Wherever we end up going, it will be as family, to share more fun times and to all be together.

ps... I may have to work on the investment idea, but one thing at a time ;-)